It’s almost the new year! Don’t you love it? I find the new years to be a bit anxious but fun because we’re stepping into something new. It may not seem like it, but to me, there’s always something exciting about new years. You think about all the new things you want to do or redo some old things you wished you could’ve done back then. Overall, it’s something I look forward to every year.
One thing I do before the new years is write in my journal. I write down some goals and things I hope to accomplish the year to come. However, this year, I have decided to write up some new year’s journal prompts, 31 of them actually. I hope to inspire myself and you to see your life the way you wish it to be, even if things may not be perfect.
So let’s get started, shall we?
31 New Year’s Journal Prompt To Inspire Your Lifestyle
New Year’s Journal Prompts: If You’re Planning New Adventures
- Where would you like to travel to? (This can be as complex as traveling to a different country or as simple as exploring a state park.)
- In what areas of your life, will you challenge yourself? Are there skills you want to develop or a talent you want to hone even more?
- What new foods do you want to try? Do you want to perfect your sugar cookie recipe, make delicious smoothies, or explore bold cuisines?
- What would you like to learn in the New Year? (Are there other cultures you’ve always wanted to study? Are there advanced classes you want to attend?)
- How will your life be different this year? Are there some big changes you’d like to make?
- What would you like to stay the same? Are there areas in your life you’re already really happy with and don’t want to change?
- Consider projects you’ll start this year. Why do you want to work on these projects?
- Are there new hobbies would you like to take up? Why do you want to pursue them?
- What 3 things do you most want to accomplish in the New Year? How will you make space to honor these goals?
New Year’s Journal Prompts: If You Want To Develop Healthy & Fruitful Relationship
- Who do you want to meet this year? Make a list of 3-5 people. Think about why you chose each person specifically.
- Imagine getting to build a dream team so your life can flow smoothly and easily. What would that look like?
- Who would you like to bless in the New Year? Try to list 3-7 people that you’d love to pour into!
- Think about the people you listed on the previous page. How will you bless each person on your list?
- Looking ahead, who could you help the most in the coming months? This can be someone you want to help personally or professionally.
- Think about your own life. Is there someone who took the time to help you when you really needed it? How can you thank that person?
New Year’s Journal Prompts: If You Want To Develop Inner Growth
- What would you like to let go of and leave in your past? (Maybe an old relationship that’s dragging you down or a painful secret you’ve been carrying.)
- What books have you read over the last year that made an impact on your life?
- Are there areas in your heart, mind, or body where you need healing? Is there someone in your life that would walk this journey with you?
- Is there clutter in your home or office that you’d like to let go of? What could you donate that someone else might love and treasure?
- Are you consuming negative content online and on social media? How could you limit your exposure to this content in the New Year?
- What charities or organizations would you like to donate to in the coming months? Think about how you’d like to donate. You can give of your time, your energy, your money, or your skills.
- What self-limiting beliefs will you cast off in the New Year? A self-limiting belief keeps you stuck where you are (e.g. thinking: I’m bad with money, I have no talent, or I can’t work a job I love).
- What’s a new mantra you’ll use to replace a self-limiting belief? For example, I’m smart with my money, I am a talented writer with a gift to share, or I can create a job I love.
New Year’s Journal Prompts: If You Want To Embrace The New Year In Reflection
- Are there new routines you’d like to establish? Think about habits you’d like to replace with better or healthier ones.
- What books do you want to read in the New Year?
- What brings you joy? How can you fit MORE of it into your daily life?
- If you had to pick one word, to sum up, the past year, what word would you choose? Describe why you chose that word.
- What one word would you choose to be your anchor for the upcoming year? What does living out this word look like to you?
- How will you use your word of the year to shape your decisions in the coming weeks?
- Who could you share your word for the year with
- Where will you display your word of the year so you’ll see it often and be reminded to lean into it?
Want the actual list? Subscribe to my FREE resource library to get this FREE printable, and countless more resources to improve your lifestyle, tend to your self-care, and more!
How are you going to live out your New Year? Let me know in the comments below!
Until Next Time,